So Far Cry 2 is already here and you want to know if your laptop is going to play it fine… Or maybe you are going to purchase a new laptop and want to be sure that it is powerful enough to play Far Cry 2 at high quality. People are posting benchmarks here and there and now we have some information.
Can be played with any current low-end dedicated graphics card. Users are reporting playable frame rates (25-30 FPS) with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3200 at 1024×600 and low settings. Other users are happily playing it with an Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS (at 720×480 and 2x AA).
It is very enjoyable with any good graphics card. Users are reporting good frame rates (over 35 FPS) with an overclocked Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT DDR2 at 1280×800 and a mixture of High and Very High settings.
High-end dual cards get a lot of performance. Users are reporting 50+ FPS with a Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTX SLI at 1680×1050 and Ultra High settings.
As said in Guru3D: if you can play Crysis, you can play Far Cry 2 better.
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 gaming benchmarks (Call of Duty 4, Crysis, World of Warcraft, F.E.A.R. 2, Sacred 2, Red Alert 3, Unreal Tournament 3, World in Conflict, GRID, Far Cry, Half Life 2)
- Empire: Total War in low-end laptops
- Nvidia GeForce 9400M benchmarks (Crysis, Call of Duty 4, Spore, Warhammer Online…)
- Batman Arkham Asylum demo runs on low-end laptop graphics cards (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 and similar)
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 gaming benchmarks vs Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT