The affordable business laptop Dell Vostro 1220 is already available at the Dell US site. It’s not based on Intel CULV processors, but on Intel Core 2 Duo ones (there is a Celeron option too), so I and others were wrong. It’s priced from 799 USD and weight from 1.52 kg (3.36 lb).
It is hard to be on holidays and try to keep up with tech news… During the days I spent in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria there have been news about interesting laptops:
- Dell Latitude Z: ultraslim business laptop powered probably by Intel CULV processors.
- Dell Vostro 1220: affordable 12″ business laptop powered probably by Intel CULV processors, too.
- Dell Inspiron 14: 14″ affordable home laptop. The Inspiron Mini 11 seems to have been spotted, too.
- Sony Vaio NW: home laptop, the cheapest series in Sony’s laptop line. The most interesting model (and likely the top of this series) sports an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 and BD player for less than 800 USD.
- Updated graphics cards in other Sony Vaio series: up to now I have noticed the availability of the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 with 1 GB GDDR3 in the FW series (16″) and the 4570 with 512 MB GDDR3 in the SR series (13″; this is a lot of graphical power for a 13-incher!).
Did I miss something interesting?
Dell updates: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 available for Dell Inspiron 15; Dell Vostro 1320, 1520 and 1720 launchedFriday, April 3rd, 2009
I have been busy this week and I was not able to follow the news as usual, but here you have two pieces of news concerning Dell laptops that I found interesting:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 available for Dell Inspiron 15
Until now the Dell Inspiron 15 was only availabel with the integrated graphics card Intel GMA 4500MHD, but now you can get it with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 with 256 MB dedicated (this upgrade costs an additional 100 USD or 60 €). According to the specs (ATI, Notebookcheck) this card should be quite faster than a HD 3450, but it is hard to tell without any benchmarks. The Dell Studio 15 is going to be upgraded soon to the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 (already available in some countries).
Dell Vostro 1320, 1520 and 1720 launched
Dell has refreshed the Vostro laptops with an updated platform (Centrino 2) and newer graphics cards: Intel GMA 4500MHD or GeForce 9300M GS in the 1320 and 1520 models, and optional GeForce 9600M GS in the 1720. In addition the new models are lighter (excepting the 1720), support up to 8 GB of DDR3 RAM and SSD hard drives and are bloatware free. At the moment they are not available in Europe, but the 1×10 models are available at lower prices. In Span the discounts expire on April 8th, so that is a suitable date for the availability of the new Vostros.
Here you have the laptop review I have found during the week:
- HP Pavilion dv5t (15.4″): Laptop Magazine.
- Asus M70sa (17″, multimedia): Laptop Logic, Laptop Magazine.
- Toshiba Satellite P305 (17″): PC Magazine.
- Toshiba Satellite Pro U400 (13.3″): Notebook Review.
- Toshiba Satellite Pro L350 (15.4″): Laptop Logic.
- Toshiba Satellite Pro L300D (15.4″): Laptop Magazine.
- Dell XPS M1730 (17″, gaming): PC Magazine.
- Dell Vostro 1510 (15.4″): Notebook Review.
- Apple Macbook (13.3″): PC Magazine.
- Acer Aspire 6920G (16″, multimedia): CNET UK.
- Acer Aspire 8620G (18.4″, multimedia): Notebookcheck.
- Asus U2E (11.1″): PC Magazine.
Here you have the laptop reviews I found last week:
- MSI Wind (10″): Laptop Magazine.
- Asus Eee PC 901 (8.9″; first look): Laptop Magazine, Notebook Review.
- Toshiba Satellite M305 (14.1″): Laptop Logic.
- Toshiba Satellite P305 (17″): Notebook Review.
- Dell Vostro 1310 (13.3″): Notebookcheck.
- Asus Lamborghini VX3 (12.1″): CNET.
- Lenovo Ideapad U110 (11.1″): Laptop Logic.
- Sony Vaio NR310E (15.4″): Laptop Magazine.
Almost one month ago Dell started refreshing its Vostro line with models 1310 and 1510. The biggest brother in the Vostro family, Vostro 1710, is available today. Current configuration options (in the US) are as follows:
- Processor: up to Intel Core 2 Duo T9300.
- Operating System: Windows Vista or XP.
- Monitor: 1440Ã—900 anti-glare or 1920Ã—1200 TrueLife (glossy)
- Memory: up to 4 GB.
- Hard disk: up to 640 GB (2Ã—320 GB).
- Graphics card: Intel GMA X3100 or Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT (256 MB).
- Pricing: from 799 USD.
As it’s already available in other european countries, we can expect it in the UK and Ireland very soon.
Direct link: Vostro 1710.
Dell just presented today the first models of its Vostro line refresh, models 1310 and 1510, which will be followed soon by the Vostro 1710. Until now, Vostro were physically identical to the Inspiron (Dell’s home line), but the models presented today have its own design, customized to the needs of medium and small businesses.
Dell Vostro 1310 is a laptop with 13.3″ monitor and a weight of 2.1 kg (4.6 lb). Pricing is as follows:
- US: from 749 $.
- UK: from 329 Â£ + VAT.
- Ireland: from 449 â‚¬ + VAT.
It is already available in Europe and Middle East. Availability in America is expected for May 1st, and in Asia for May 5th.
You can already find a Dell Vostro 1310 review at Notebook Review (this guys are fast!).
Dell Vostro 1510 is a laptop with 15.4″ monitor and a weight of 2.6 kg (5.7 lb). Pricing is as follows:
- US: from 599 $.
- UK: from 329 Â£ + VAT.
- Ireland: from 479 â‚¬ + VAT.
As for Vostro 1310, it is already available in Europe and Middle East, and availability in America is expected for May 1st, and in Asia for May 5th.